Quinta de Carapeços

The first reference made to Quinta de Carapeços dates back to 1338, when a daughter of Martim Carvalho, Knight of Basto, married, João de Carapeços, so called because he was the Lord of the land with the same name.
In 1351, the property was sold and, from the beginning of the XVII century, belonged to the Monastery of San Salvador de Travanca, which had been founded in the middle of the XII century by the Benedictine monks.
With the extinction of Religious Orders in 1834, the Quinta has been sold, the current owner being, again, a descendant of the mentioned Martim Carvalho.

View More